Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here.
If I’ve done my job well, I can guess there are a few reasons you’ve landed here.
- You know you should be content with your life but you have a nagging feeling something is missing – something is holding you back from the life you feel you should have already
- You may know some of the steps you need to take to change your life for the better, but you’re just not sure how or where to start
- You’re curious about your relationship with alcohol
- You’re ready to learn more about how alcohol is affecting your life, and how you can take control of it
- Despite your best efforts, you cannot seem to shake your drinking habit. You don’t drink to excess, but you cannot imagine a life (or even a few days) without the support of a drink
- You’re pretty sure you’re not an alcoholic, but you’re also uncertain whether the amount you drink it healthy and “normal.”
These were, at least, all the reasons that I was searching for change. Before I started on the path to freedom from alcohol, I was in a dilemma. I had a successful career as a social worker, therapist, and non profit manager. I had a young son and wonderful husband (still do!). For every reason, I knew I should be happy – elated even. I should be bouncing out of bed and ready to dive into my day. But something was just…off. It had been years since I was dealing with mid-night infant needs. And yet my sleep was terrible. I never felt rested. My job was rewarding and pushed me to learn more every day. Yet, I couldn’t wait to get home and just pour myself a glass of wine and tune it all out. I was dedicated to my physical health and fitness – worked out regularly and ate very healthy foods. Yet, I felt old. Tired. Weak at times. Something was wrong.
That something was my alcohol habit. And once I took the steps to get curious about it, explore my relationship to it, and gain control over it, my whole world opened up, showed itself, and began to give me the answers I had needed to make the changes necessary. I am here because I know I am not much different from most people out there looking for change. And I know I can help you on your path.
Clear Heart Coaching was born out of this deep desire to show the world that there is another way to live, free and clear from the trap of habits and destructive behavior. It seeks to show others that alcohol only works against our efforts to be at peace in heart and mind.
This site is still growing. I am still working on writing my story. As it grows it will reveal the steps in my path, the chapters of my story. And I hope you will come along.
Above you will find information about what I can offer. I am trained and experienced as a child and family therapist. I am also a personal coach, certified by This Naked Mind Institute. I provide one on one Coaching in person and virtually online, in person and virtual group support, and written resources to support you on your path toward clarity.
If you are ready to start exploring your relationship with alcohol, and ready to begin your path to the greatest, freest version of yourself, start by contacting me directly. I offer a 30 minute Exploration Call to help you start uncovering the unconscious thoughts that contribute to your behaviors, and to start talking about steps toward change.